The Strategic questioning DVD focuses on ten key aspects of the formative use of questioning in the classroom:
- preparing key questions
- asking closed questions
- asking open questions
- prompting students to further response
- wait or thinking time
- hands down
- responding positively to students
- building on ‘wrong’ answers
- distributing questions around the class
- encouraging students to ask questions.
Video footage shows teachers in primary and secondary classrooms implementing and talking about these key aspects.
The professional learning module on Strategic questioning provides some suggestions for using this DVD to develop teacher understanding of this Assessment for Learning strategy.
Strategic questioning is available for purchase from Curriculum Corporation.