In this Professional Learning module, the term 'student self-assessment' is used as an umbrella term which encompasses:
- student self-assessment
- student self-evaluation; and
- student self-regulation or self-monitoring.
In other words, the focus is on the ability of the students to:
- understand both learning intentions and success criteria
- use these criteria to judge what they have learnt and what they still need to learn
- reflect on the learning process to ascertain how they learn best
- act on feedback received from their teacher and their peers
- set learning targets based on what they still need to learn
- manage the organisation of their learning.
The following links explore student self-assessment in more detail.