This Professional Learning module focuses on ways peer feedback can be incorporated into the Assessment for Learning classroom.
Peer feedback is not the same thing as peer assessment.
Peer feedback occurs when students offer each other advice about their work which incorporates reference to:
- what has been done well in relation to the success criteria
- what still needs to be done in order to achieve the success criteria
- advice on how to achieve that improvement.
Peer assessment occurs when students assess each other's work in a summative way. That is, they provide each other with an actual grade.
This Professional Learning module focuses on the formative use of peer feedback, rather than the summative use of peer assessment.
Click on the links below to explore further.
- Strategies to enhance peer feedback
- Using the Peer feedback and student self-assessment DVD
- Reflection, practice and evaluation